Webservices - Project example

Webservices - Project example

Postby prteaser » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:13 pm

What would be a good example of webservices project? If an interviewer asks me what webservices project I did in my last job, what example I can give? In QA classes, we used WSDL for currency conversion and stock quote as a practice but I have to give a solid example of a project. Any insight in this qustions would be greatly appreciated.
prteaser

Re: Webservices - Project example

Postby rao-h2kinfosys » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:40 pm

Refer: http://www.h2kinfosys.com/webservices-skill-test

WebServices is a middleware developed in XML. Exchange the data between multiple platforms.
For example, in class we discussed about Stock web services.
If you take ameritrade.com, scotttrade.com, google.com/finance , etrade.com etc.. any company can provide the current stock value of a symbol.
the data is same, but all these web sites, look and feel and features are different.

When you tested web services, the data comes from web services is matching with the front end / GUI or not , that is one thing you need to test, also compare with your database.
~~~~~~~~~~
We also discussed about credit card processing for multiple companies.
Online shopping cart
Mobile phone activation, billing , online bill pay.

Data exchange between Multiple platforms, example Data exchange between Salesforce and Other applications like Siebel, Sterling, any other CRM, or any other software products.

Data exchange between multiple accounts in one user/ one ssn, for example, if you have checking account, savings account, business account, credit cards etc..
All accounts can display one page after you login to your bank account. All the data comes from back end using Web Services in XML format.
rao-h2kinfosys

Postby multani » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:01 pm

How we use webservices in banking domain?
multani

Postby rao-h2kinfosys » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:14 pm

It does not matter... it is banking domain, or healthcare , or any other domain..

Webservices are middle ware technology to exchange the data between multiple platforms, machines, to send request and get response.
rao-h2kinfosys

Return to WebServices - SOA Testing