What are the types in testing?

Re: What are the types in testing?

Postby danu » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:14 pm

Unit, Integration, System and User acceptance testing will not come under types of testing.
Those are levels of testing.
danu

Postby amjad0006 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:34 am

Hello Everyone, this is my first time that I logged in to the Forum, I will try myself to be an active participant and get useful Information..Thanks
amjad0006

Postby Sangita2 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:51 pm

Hi everyone, I am new to the forum and this is my very first post.

Testing is identify the defects in a software and verify the compliance of software the client requirements.
These are the testing so far I learned in class,
Types of System Testing: QA
1. Exploratory Testing: Done by tester to understand the software usually done without documentation, it helps in test design and prepare test documents (it can be done anytime of the development)
2. Smoke Testing: Initial steps of testing (login, account summery, funds transfer, link and buttons are ready)
3. Functional Testing: Detailed and in depth testing of all Functionalities e.g: Yahoo Email-Login: UID, Password, Sign-in or not
4. Sanity Test: Initial steps of functionality to be retested
5. Retest: Test if the defects are fixed
6. Regression Testing: Test to Identify new defects in the software due to changes in software and its environment.
7. Performance Testing(Speed/Efficiency)
I. Users (Load Testing) Test with different number of user, identify maximum number of users supported by the software(eg: During sale or if many users use the site it affect the speed and it become low)
II. Data (Volume Testing) Test with different volume of data and identify the maximum volume of data supported by software
III. Resources (Stress Testing) Identify number of server require by software
IV. Usage (Soak Testing)- Test with different Number users, resources and volume of data and observe software performance under continues usage -2-3 continues performance testing
8. Browser Compatibility Testing (specific browser—page can’t load in other browser)
9. Cross Browser Testing (different browser with different versions)
10. External Interface/Inter System Testing (Test interface between two independent software eg: eBay-payment is by PayPal (so PayPal is external interface))
11. Security Testing (Login in bank: if stay idle the session expired, get activity, purchase alerts: text or email)
12. High Availability Testing (sever back up if one fails the other should share the load)
13. Portability testing
14. Accessibility Testing

These are the sequence of Testing commonly followed by the QA are:
1) Initial Level Testing: Smoke Test : Initial steps of testing (login, account summery, funds transfer, link and buttons are ready)
2) Functional Testing: Detailed and in depth testing of all Functionalities e.g: Yahoo Email-Login: UID, Password, Sign-in or not
Search—page displayed or not or loaded or not, News, Finances--- Displayed or not
If there is defects or error discovered in these testing, then it is reported to Developer to fix it. Developer fix the defect and release new version to test.
3) Initial Level testing: Sanity Test --- Initial steps of functionality to be retested
4) Retest: Test if the defects are fixed
5) Regression: Test to Identify new defects in the software due to changes in software and its environment.

Let me know if I am wrong.

Sangita~
Sangita2

Postby anupre » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:54 am

Hi Sangita
very informative that you explained all testing types...
smoke testing is to check the stability of the software ya you are right intial level of testing

http://www.guru99.com/types-of-software-testing.html
if you want just go through all these testing types...just to know types opf testing ....
hope these information is helpful for you
anupre

Postby Sangita2 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:39 am

Hi Anupre,

Thank you, I am glad you find it informative.
I checked guru99.com its pretty good.
Thank you!!
Sangita~
Sangita2

Postby anupre » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:57 pm

Hi sangita,great to see your post again..This forum is really great platform to discuss...
anupre

Previous

Return to Types of Testing